18 February 2011

Back to the books

So, I have completed my first two weeks of school and I found them to be..well, interesting. I haven't had a whole pile of homework and assignments (yet!) and everything seems to be going well. Perhaps the reason I have (dare I say?) "enjoyed" these weeks is because they have been so interrupted: first we had an entire school assembly in which all the senior students were presented to the school, then school photos, an oral presentation (which was extremely nerve-wracking!) and then a year level assembly.

On one of these interrupted days, one of my teachers gave me such helpful advise and guidance for this year. It was quite out of the blue, but I can't help but feel a sense of admiration for teachers who go out of their way to actually help students, especially when help is not asked for. I also find it interesting that such teachers know exactly what the student needs help with, even though the student isn't aware of it himself/herself.

Saturday school wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There were many new students and, thankfully, most of the students were not up to such a high level. I am getting a little worried, though, because I know that I have loads of room for improvement.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment